The latest update to Kerbal Space Program marks the end of free updates but that doesn’t mean that the developers have left the important fixes and additions out.
The main fixes in the 0.13 update are for performance enhancements and for fixing a few long-standing bugs that have been around.
Here are just a few of the tweaks to Kerbal Space Program.
- Ship parts now have adjustable levels of physics, so small parts are not as deeply simulated as large ones. This reduces the amount of physics objects and joints to simulate.
- Removed a lot of needless halts on the part processing routine during loading.
- Fixed the mission timer not getting started if the first stage was moved before launching.
- Increased the heat conductivity and heat dissipation values for all parts, to compensate for the new heat exchange system.
- Pressing F2 will hide the UI completely (so you can take UI-free screenshots).
- The part loader will check if the saved optimized meshes are out-of-date, and update them when necessary.
- Added a progress bar for the loading screen.
As mentioned above this is the last free update to Kerbal Space Program but not the end of development. You can continue to receive update and help out the developers by pre-ordering the game from the Kerbal Space Program Store
Get the latest release HERE