The first update for the purchase only Kerbal Space Program is here after 9 (long!) weeks of waiting but it was certainly worth the wait.
This release of KSP is filled with some new fantastic features including support for multiple simultaneous flights, multiple crew members and live-switching between flights. Here is the full list:-
- Flights are regularly saved to file, to be resumed later. (yes, persistence )
- Support for multiple simultaneous flights and switching from ship to ship.
- The Tracking Station Facility at the Space Center, allows you to select and resume a flight in progress.
- Holding the middle mouse button will allow you to rotate the flight camera about itself, instead of rotating its pivot. (double-clicking the MMB will recenter it)
- Tweaked the orbit rendering on the Map View to reduce clutter when several icons are moused over at the same time.
- Landed or Splashed vessels now display their coordinates (or location, if available) when moused over on the Map View.
- More Crew Members so you can launch missions while others are underway.
- A Stats Tracking System, so we can collect information of the game for statistical purposes.(Demo)
- An External Module Loader, which enables mod makers to program their own part modules.
- An integrated game update system, so you don’t have to redownload each time there is a new update.
- A small liquid fuel tank, a small liquid fuel engine, and a new Landing Leg part type.
Soon we’ll be releasing a video showing all of the new 0.14 features in action so be sure to check back!